Local Organizer Program
The Local Organizer (LO) program is a resource offered by the Electoral College in support of individual initiates who are working toward applying for a chartered camp of Ordo Templi Orientis.
Currently Recognized Local Organizers
|State:||City:||Organized by:||Contact:||Web Resource:|
|Alabama||Enterprise||Br. Aaronfirstname.lastname@example.org||Wiregrass Thelema|
|Massachusetts||Williamstown||Fr. ADCemail@example.com||Capital Beast Facebook|
|Kansas||Kansas City||Br. JJfirstname.lastname@example.org||Thelemic Study Group of Kansas City|
|New Hampshire||North Conway||Br. Ericemail@example.com||White Mountain Magick Facebook Group|
Guidelines for Local Organizers
The Electoral College may choose to recognize a qualified initiate as a Local Organizer (LO). This organizer operates as a field coordinator and contact point within the valley of a study group interested in becoming a camp. Through the resources of the LO program, the Electoral College will provide organizers with support and guidance to assist with the many challenges of growing a new camp.
In addition to supporting aspiring masters in their endeavors to grow new camps, the LO program is designed to facilitate communication between Local Organizer and the Electoral College, to increase the likelihood of long-term survival for new camps, and to encourage the emergence of new local bodies in unserved areas.
The Electoral College recommends that those aspiring to be camp masters participate in the LO program, although participation in the program is not a mandatory prerequisite for submitting an application for Camp charter. It does, however, help to prepare an organizer for taking that step, and it allows Electors to get to know the applicant and their work, which is paramount to being chartered.
Resources Available to Local Organizers
- Local Organizers will have access to a mentor (KRE or above) who can offer information, feedback, and advice. The mentor will report to the Electoral College on the progress of the Local Organizer twice per year.
- Local Organizers will have access to the Clerk-house announcement list, which facilitates communication of policy updates to local body leadership, the Electoral College, and U.S. Grand Lodge officers, and will participate in an organizer email list where they can share their challenges with past and present organizers.
- Local Organizers will receive a copy of the Camp, Oasis, and Lodge Master’s Handbook.
- Further information on applying for a camp charter may be found here.
- The Electoral College criteria for camps may be found here.
- Guidelines for operating a study group as an organizer may be found here.
Recognition as a Local Organizer
To be considered for recognition as a Local Organizer, an individual meeting the qualifications listed below should fill out the Local Organizer Volunteer Application.
- The individual must be a dues-current Initiate of O.T.O. in good standing of at least the Third Degree. Exceptions may be made on a case-by-case basis for Initiates of the First or Second Degree in areas in need of a facilitator.
- The Local Organizer Secretary will investigate the good report of the Initiate by contacting Initiatory sponsors, and/or contacting the master(s) of the local bodies recently attended.
- The Initiate must contact all masters of existing local bodies within an approx. two-hour radius regarding their intent to be recognized as a Local Organizer. If there are no local bodies within a two-hour radius, the Initiate must contact the master of the nearest local body.
- Recognition as a Local Organizer is granted for a term of one year. The Local Organizer Secretary may extend this term for an additional term in one-year intervals. Local Organizer status may be reviewed or revoked by the E.C. at any time should the circumstances warrant.
It is the desire of the Electoral College to help facilitate the success of a Local Organizer. To that end we offer the above resources and guidelines. If there are further resources that would be helpful, or if specific questions arise, an Organizer should contact the Organizer Secretary directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.