About the Electoral College
The Electoral College of the O.T.O. in the United States is composed of eleven men and women who are charged with the sacred duties of maintaining the business of the Man of Earth Triad, as indicated in Liber 194:
9. The next grade, that which lies between the Fifth and Sixth Degrees, is called the Senate. This is the first of the governing bodies, and it is here that we begin to insist upon renunciation. For within this body lies the Electoral College of the O.T.O.
10. The principle of popular election is a fatal folly; its results are visible within every so-called democracy. The elected man is always the mediocrity; he is the safe man, the sound man, the man who displeases the majority less than any other; and therefore never the genius, the man of progress and illumination.
11. This electoral college consists of Eleven Persons in each country. It has full control over the affairs of the Men of Earth, appointing Lodge Masters at will. It has however no authority over the Chapters of Rose Croix.
12. Persons who wish to be appointed to this College by the Supreme and Holy King must volunteer for the office. The appointment is for Eleven Years. Volunteers must renounce for that period all further progress in the Order. They must give evidence of first-rate ability in
(i) some branch of athletics.
(ii) some branch of learning.
13. They must also possess a profound general knowledge of history and the art of government, with some attention to philosophy in general.
14. They must each live in solitude, without more than the necessary speech even to casual neighbors, serving themselves in all respects, for three months continuously, once at least in every two years. The President will summon them at the four seasons of the year, and if necessary at other times, when they will deliberate upon the affairs placed in their charge. All applications to pass to the Fifth Degree must receive their sanction. Appeal from their decisions may however be made to the Supreme Council.
In the United States, the eleven Electors meet in person at all equinoctial meetings and Summer solstitial meeting. We meet through an online medium at every Winter solstitial meeting. We may be reached via e-mail at any time and are open to communication throughout the year. For our respective e-mails, please visit the Electors page. We deliberate on matters such as applications for Camp, Oasis and Lodge Charters, matters of policy for local body masters(where appropriate and warranted), and the approval or denial of applications to the Vth Degree. We are always seeking information in order to make the most informed decisions that we can.